Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SQL 2008R2 - SP1 Install

Recently had to do an upgrade on one of my SLQ 2008R2 servers to SP1 so I thought I would walk through the process and the steps I took to do this upgrade. First we need to get a copy of SQL 2008R2 SP1 which is available from the Microsoft Download Center. Once we have it we need to log into our SQL server with local admin privileges. Right Click on the SQLServer2008R2SP1-KB2528583-x64-ENU.exe file and Run as Administrator. The installer will kick off and automatically run the rule checker. When that finishes Click Next

Go ahead and accept the EULA and Click Next

You will be prompted to select which database instances you want to upgrade. In my case I selected everything. Click Next

The installer will check to see if there are any files in use. If it identifies any you will need to stop the related applications or services. Click Next

Review your install selections and Click Update

You can monitor the install progress which could take some time depending on how many instances you will need to update.

Success!


More to come!

If you like this blog give it a g+1

No comments:

Post a Comment